Norwegian Gold Kids DHA is formulated to supply the Omega-3 fatty acids which are often deficient in the diet of children in Canada. They help to improve cognitive health and brain function, as well as support the healthy development of the brain, eyes, and nervous system in children up to 12 years of age. Norwegian Gold Kids DHA also includes Vitamin D which helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth. It is delivered in a chewable gel cap and has a pleasant fruit punch flavor.
Kids DHA is a delicious way for your child to get the important essential fatty acids (EFA).
- EFAs are a component of every cell wall in the body. By taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA, it ensures that your children have the necessary ‘pieces’ to build new, healthy cells.
- EFAs affect hormone and prostaglandin levels, therefore taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA can help with inflammation. This is one of the reasons taking omega-3 is helpful for children with asthma, as well as Omega-3s helping to boost the immune system.
- EFAs help to lubricate the skin, taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA can lead to softer and healthier skin.
- EFAs also help with lubricating the ‘internal skin’ in the colon. Taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA can lead to an increased number of bowel movements, which is a vital part of ensuring proper elimination.
- EPA & DHA have important biological functions in the central nervous system; DHA is a major structural component of neuronal membranes, while EPA has important physiological functions that can affect neuronal activity. Taking Norwegian Gold Kids DHA can be helpful for mental health, including childhood depression.